Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Big Reveal

Aunt Linde has slaved and slaved while we all played with Avery, she finished his room Wednesday night and we finally got to see it. We LOVE it! I think it is her best work ever, but I am a little biased I guess.
Here's Avery with his fabulous name sign. I love that the letters are wooden so that he can always have them even if he decides he is too cool to have them out some day.
My grandparents' dresser looks awesome. Linde gave it the perfect face lift with new pulls and a great paint job. One drawer is not quite done, she had to get someone to get it out after I rammed it stuck in a fit of nesting right before Avery was born.
We are going to mark Avery's height against his name, so we were giving him his first mark. If you look closely he is less than impressed. :)


Aunt Linde thought of everything, even the drapes have his monogram on them, I LOVE monograms so this is perfect. We are so blessed to have such a talented and GENEROUS family member. We never could have a nursery like this on our own. It is truly the greatest.

We also want to give Mary Lou at javisdavis.com a shout out, she did our bedding and it is sooo great. Linde said she was very easy to work with and for all our friends to use her if you need someone.


13 comments:

Unknown said...

Linde did a great job again! The room is perfect for Avery and his fan club.
Mamma

Heather said...

Very cute!!

annalee said...

A-MAY-ZING! she did such a great job designing the perfect avery spot. love her work and seeing you guys in his finished room. love you!

Emme said...

That is the most precious boy nursery that I have ever seen! The girl vote goes to the Caroline nursery (of course). Linde did another amazing job and you all look great. I can not wait to see it in person. She is so talented! Hang in there!

Emme

tw said...

Abbe, I'm so glad you're keeping your blog up to date so we know what's going on with your sweet little family! The nursery looks great!!! How's it been with Michael back to work? I've been thinking of you guys and resisting the temptation to drop by unannounced for more holding time :)

MELANIE said...

He really does have the coolest nursery I've seen besides in magazines!! Linde is SO talented!! I love it!!

Dara said...

Love the nursery!!! I can't wait to see it in person! Love the height marker on his name. You guys look fabulous. Hope to see you soon!

Jacquie said...

Abbe I love it! Every part of it is so cute. I love the idea of marking the height on the name!

Kelly Litton said...

Oh, Abbe---the nursery is sooo precious!!! Way to go, Linde! I need to come and see it in person!

Leah J. said...

Love the nursery! Can't wait to meet Mr. Avery!!!

Anonymous said...

Your sister is amazing! That nursery so-o-o cute!

Leeanne said...

So glad this talented person is marrying into my family! I am hoping some of it will rub off on us:) The nursery looks great. Leeanne

Melinda said...

The nursery is adorable. Avery looks like he is growing. I bet he weighs 6.1. I can't wait to get some neck sugar!
Love Aunt Grammie