Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Souvie Tour of NYC

We had so much fun in NYC. Even when I thought we were taking less pictures than usual we ended up with way too many to choose from, so I thought I would take you on a souvenir tour of our trip.

Thursday we arrived, had lunch at a great deli and looked around Times Square. Michael and his dad graciously spent several hours in line at TKTS to get us tickets to Mamma Mia! I LOVED it, it was so funny and had a great cast. I highly recommend it. I think all 7 of us enjoyed it.


Friday we went to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. We really enjoyed hearing about both. I think it was probably Michael's grandparents' favorite thing we did. Most of our souvies are Christmas ornaments for the Michael and Abbe tree in our room!
That night we saw the Yankees! This was Michael's favorite stop. Monument Park was so cool-I rubbed Babe's hat for good luck. The Yankees were awesome scoring 4 runs to come back and tie it in the bottom of the 9th, but sadly they lost after 14 innings. Did I say sadly, I wasn't really that sad, while I had so much fun I thought I was going to lose it if the game didn't end SOON.
Saturday we took the Subway to Coney Island. It started raining so we weren't there long, but it was fun to see where Tom Hanks got Big so long ago. Also, we went to the financial district and the WTC, but we didn't bring anything home from there. Saturday night we did my tied for favorite with the play-the Empire State Building at night. It is breathtaking looking out over the city and all the lights. I could have stayed and stared for hours.
We had a great trip with all of Michael's family. Here's Michael, Blake and I in Statue of Liberty hats at the Empire State Building. They were such good sports all weekend making sure their Mom had a great trip!

3 comments:

annalee said...

aaahhhh! SO MUCH FUN! i heart mamma mia and all of nyc... thanks for letting me enjoy it vicariously through you:)

Leah J. said...

Too much FUN! I loved the pics!

amie said...

Love all the pictures!! Now that we are both home....we need to play!!