Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Nervous

Well, I find myself feeling a bit nervous lately.  About several things....

Tonight is Hanky's last night in his crib.  Tomorrow his big boy bed goes up in the big brother room.  I'm nervous he won't stay in his bed at nap time.  But, I think I am more nervous that he won't be my baby boy any more.  He is already seeming so big.  


Avery's bed is moving to the big brother room, too.  I'm nervous he will wake his brother up in the mornings, and Hanky needs that extra hour of sleep.  I'm nervous he will be super chatty at night, he loves to talk!  But, I am most nervous that he will think he got kicked out of his amazing giraffe room because of the new baby.  But, when we talked about the new baby he couldn't have cared less so it will probably be fine!

With Avery and Hank in the big brother room it is time to "fix" the walls in Hanky's room.  I get that nervous sick at my stomach feeling about covering up one of my two favorite rooms in the house.  I absolutely love Hanky's room and it makes me so sad to have to cover it up.  I am also nervous because Michael and his dad are the "fixers," if we are being perfectly honest they aren't quite so emotionally attached to the room. 

I am nervous because I think have passed along a few of my OCD tendencies.  Avery lined up all these napkins perfectly the other day while he was supposedly taking a nap.  Hank perfectly dissected his bean burrito at lunch yesterday eating first the cheese, then the beans, and then the tortilla.  Oops!
 

I am nervous because Hanky doesn't speak as well as I think he should.  I know he knows what he is saying (but we have no clue about 75% of the time) and I am pretty sure he understands what we are saying.  But there is a lot of screaming and grunting and incomprehensible speech from my favorite one year old boy.  Thank goodness for speech therapist friends who can come hang out with my friend and let me know what he needs. 

I am nervous because we signed up for preschool for next year and Hank will join his brother at school.  I am going to miss that little blondie and his adorable grin.  We have had a lot of fun on our alone days this year.  I'm nervous I will have a hard time finding special time with my soon to be middle child.  I am also nervous that he won't LOVE school like Avery does.  He begs to go to school every day! 

I am nervous because we are having another child.  Holy cow!  We had a pretty easy transition from 1-2 and that makes me nervous that this will be the transition that gets us or that this will be the baby that doesn't make it easy for us like Avery and Hank did.  

I am nervous because we need a lot of rain this winter/spring.  Thank goodness we got some last night and this morning.  Not only did it let us wear galoshes and play with umbrellas, but hopefully it is filling up the lake.  Avery and Hank will be very sad boys if there isn't enough water this summer.  Mamma and Daddy will be, too.  

I am nervous because I am at a very scary part of pregnancy for an NICU nurse.  26 weeks is scary.  That's a very tiny baby with a lot to overcome.  I know we are so very blessed with our 2 healthy boys.  I want Wee 3 to stay right where he (or she, but I think it's a he) belongs for many many more weeks. 

I am nervous because these 2 boys are t-r-o-u-b-l-e!  I love that they love each other and have so much fun together.  It is so fun to see them starting to really play together (even if it almost always involves jumping on or off of something they are not supposed to.)  They do also love to push each others buttons and make each other crazy.  I want more than anything for them to be building a life long friendship providing them with their best friend for life!  It makes me nervous to try to figure out to help them have the relationship I want for them. 

I am nervous because Wee 3 has no name.  Well, she Wee does (Sadie Jo), but he Wee doesn't.  This is not like us, we didn't have much trouble coming up with names for the last 2 times.  We just look at each other with no solution.  I wouldn't change my boys names for anything I love how special they are, but we kind of put too much pressure on ourselves giving the boys 4 such very special names!  

I am nervous because Avery is a better driver in reverse than I am.  My family may have called my bumper cars in my early driving years because I tend to bump into things while in reverse.  While Hank does need a helmet to ride with Avery because of the rough starts and stops when asked Ave to park his car by the shed he perfectly backed up to the shed first try with no bumps.

Thanks for letting me get all my nerves out, I know I don't really need to worry about anything and that I am very blessed!  



3 comments:

kristin fulghum said...

For the record, I always think that moms of only boys are adorable. You would fit the bill perfectly!

annalee said...

it's true: kristin totally loves all boy moms.

for the record: evan thinks it's a girl and i go back and forth every week what my vote is. i can totally picture either way.

ps- the boys honorary brother graham is so glad he has matching rain boots with his buddies.

Kelli said...

I struggle with so many nervous things. Many prayers as you approach the end of pregnancy! I can't wait to find out if you are having a wee boy or girl!