Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy Anniversary to Me

It is definitely safe to say I did not give the best gift this year.  I got a card and ordered a present off the internet that may or may not ever come.  Note to self, don't try new websites in these situations.  
But, Michael hit a HOME RUN!
He surprised me with a trip to Vegas.

We had such a great time!  A couple of months ago we were watching 20/20, because we are cool kids.  There was a segment about the creator of Cirque de Soleil.  We both thought it seemed intriguing and Michael knew I would love to see a show.  The very next day he hopped on the internet and booked us a special anniversary get away, unbeknownst to me!
He was SO right the show was AMAZING!  It was unbelievable all the different parts of the show, I am dying to see it again because I know it was impossible to see it all at once.  My eyes kept burning because I didn't want to blink and miss things.  I highly recommend this show!!
Here are a few reasons this will go down as a practically perfect trip, you know like Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way!  

We got to Vegas, checked in our hotel and went and had a hamburger, french fries and onion rings!  Abbe Jo + pregnant=unparalleled love of junk food!

Then we got to go to the spa.  I had a manicure and pedicure. It was quite fabulous.  I chose My Private Jet by OPI, Michael said it was super cute.  He did also compare it to a fishing boat paint job, but since this was a practically perfect trip I will overlook it.  Michael had a massage and was a whole new relaxed person I barely recognized when we got back.  I am so glad he went and took the time to unwind. 

Then we read books and relaxed with out 1 or 3 year old boy interruptions for almost 2 whole hours.  It was amazing!  I read 50% of a book and managed to actually not ruin a manicure within an hour of getting it!!

The we went to Olives for dinner.  Soooooo good!  The flat bread pizza we shared for an appetizer was unbelievable.  Michael had great steak and they even had a super yummy chicken dish for not so adventurous girls like me.  And they gave us a sweet treat since I casually mentioned it was our anniversary. 
After dinner and the show we walked on the strip for awhile, enjoyed the lights of all the hotels and saw the amazing fountain show outside our hotel!  
Then we pretended we were in Paris again.  
We took our picture in front of the Eiffel Tower. 
And then had a very delicious, second dessert of the night.  Nutella crepes!  
What a practically perfect day!  We had so much fun, basically never left the hotel and Michael had it all booked ahead of time.  The hardest decision I made all day was what color nail polish to wear.  
Friday we had a great day just walking around looking at all the hotels and casinos and doing whatever we wanted.  This was a perfect 2 day get away and we didn't even gamble (come on did you really think Mr CPA, financial planner would gamble for fun?) 
Thanks MAW what an amazing gift!  I sure do love you!

2 comments:

Heather said...

What a great trip!!! Way to go Michael!! Happy Anniversary!

Dara said...

How fun!!! Fabulous trip! So glad you two were able to get away!!!