November 13th-I am thankful for Operation Christmas Child and the families who have helped bring it to our church every year. It is a great opportunity to do something for someone who needs it. I think Avery really enjoyed shopping for items for his box this year, filling it, and taking it to church to send off to a needy boy just about his age! If you don't already do this you should! We loved how it even came with ideas of how to make a family night of it and really help your kids understand!
November 14th-I am thankful for my mom and dad and the sacrifices they make to allow her to come stay with our boys while Michael and I work. The boys love this special alone time with LouLou!
November 15th-I am thankful for LCDs. This a great day when the hospital calls and says we have more nurses than we need would you like to stay home, and I say YES PLEASE! Today it meant that I got to go to North Park and find some pants that actually fit for our family pictures and even have lunch at Which Wich, yummy! Thanks for the sandwich mom!
November 16th-I am thankful for a flexible, helpful mother-in-law. Due to a death in the family of a close friend of my mom's she needed to go home Tuesday and not keep the boys Wednesday if I got called in to work. So, my mom took the boys to Honey's house where she saved the day. They played their guts out and had a great time! All at the drop of a hat!
November 17th-I am so thankful for my book clubs! Both of them :) I spent the day in Tyler for one of the girl's mother's funeral. While I am so sorry for her loss, I know she felt loved and supported that we all made a point to be there for her. Our very first book was Angry Housewives Eating BonBons, and when I need them I know the angry housewives will be there for me and my family! That night I got to go hang out with my Dallas girls, too. It was a great time to chat, laugh, vent and be ourselves. While I love reading great books I might not otherwise read, more than anything I love the special friendships these groups have created!
November 18th-I am thankful to once again hear a strong, healthy heartbeat for WEE 3!!!! That's right!! You read it! We are praying and hoping to welcome baby the end of April!! I can't believe this little one is already 16 weeks in the making. I just hope he or she (I vote it's a he, and no we won't find out until he gets here) behaves a little better than Avery did. If you remember Avery was supposed to join us in April as well, but felt compelled to have a dramatic entry in March.
November 19th-I am thankful for a Saturday night hamburger! Michael grilled yummy burgers for us. I always love getting to honor this family tradition. My parents always grilled for us on Saturday night burger night and I loved it. I hope we can create fun family traditions for our boys, too.
November 20-I am thankful for our small group. We love getting together with a little group from church to fellowship and support each other.
November 21-I am thankful that Linde and Jeff live so close. It is such a treat to be able to call at noon and have them come over for dinner. I love that they make such a great effort to take time out of their busy lives to invest in our boys and be there for us, too!
November 22-I am thankful for Target. I know it isn't the holiest thing to be thankful for, but I am. Avery and I were having a bit of an issue getting to happy place today. So we hoped in the car, drove to my happy place, took a spin down an aisle or two and after a change of scenery and a new bag of goldfish everyone was in a better mood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congratulations on #3, Abbe! So happy for you guys!
Abbe! Congrats! Somehow I missed this earlier! I finally caught on when I read your post today where you mentioned your pregnant self. Sorry for being such an airhead! I'm so happy for your family!
Post a Comment