Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Prince

Michael has been quite the knight in shining armor lately.  I think I'll brag!

A couple of weeks ago I had a busy, fun-filled day.  We went to some friends house for a play date in the morning, Avery got to make pizza and ice cream with his buddy Marin.  Then I had just enough time to go home to drop the boys off with a sitter and then go to straight to the dentist. 

Of course half way home I realized I left my cell phone on the counter when I was going to take a picture.  So then I had no phone, no dentist address, no time to go get the phone, no way to let my friend know I needed to come get the phone, and no clue how to get to the dentist.  Nice!  And I HATE going to the dentist, ironic since most of Michael's clients are dentists.  Luckily, Michael and my friend talked.  He called me at home, told me how to get to the dentist and then went and picked up my phone at our friend's house and brought it to me at the dentist's office. 
The following Monday as we were cruising through Houston, on the way home from a fabulous beach trip (this was where I read my latest book club book,)

some debris came out from under the car in front of us.  The next thing you know we have a flat tire.  Once again my prince saved the day pulled off and changed the tire.  If I had been alone or alone with the boys, I would have been up a creek waiting forever on a 100+ degree day for roadside assistance.  Instead in about 30 minutes all was done and we were on our way!
I sure am glad for my knight in shining armor, sometimes I really like being a strong independent woman.  Other times it is really nice to be taken care of.    

No comments: