Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I LOVE the 4th of July

It just MIGHT be my favorite holiday!

But seeing as how I really love them all, I don't think I could ever choose just one.

I think I love it for many reasons.  So how about a list!  The top 4 Things I love about the 4th of July!

1-It is so fun to embrace the theme in your clothes, and very easy when you have little boys.  Everything they wear is blue.  
 Our church wear for the 3rd!  Please note Hanky's FABULOUS shoes (yay for hand me downs)

 Some pretty great swimwear, too!  (We love hand me downs! I didn't even buy Avery's swimsuit, either.  I am just lucky to have friends who love the 4th as much as I do!)
We even had hand made (by Aunt Susan Jo) red white and blue firework shirts for the ladies this year.  We are all a little crusty after a day at the lake with only quick showers, but no fluffing.  Also please note that I am the only PASTY member of this group, SO not fair. 
#2- I LOVE that you get to spend all day at the lake.  I think it is safe to say that at least Avery will be joining me in this love.  He jumped off the dock, boat, JD, pretty much anything he could as many times as he could.  The kid had a blast and as always amazed me with his endless energy!
 I love his picture because both of the boys were thoroughly annoyed that I interrupted their fun for a picture. 
 Floating=Fun
 Hank and Papa doing donuts in the crab!
 Avery jumping off the dock!  It's pretty far this year since the water level is so low.  Luckily it is really deep right at the end for the boat!
#3 FIREWORKS!  I love them.  This year we didn't get to see them as much because there was a freak storm right at time.  But we got to see enough and hopefully next year the burn ban will be lifted and we can shoot of our own again.  
 Watching the show from some sweet Tyler friend's back yard.  Please note MAW's red white and blue.  He says only the deepest of love allows him to embrace a theme in such an obvious manner. 
#4 and MOST important FAMILY!  For as long as I can remember the 4th of July has been a gathering time for our family.  When we were little Papa would buy out the fireworks stand for our family fireworks show.  We swam our guts out, played our guts out, and ate tons of homemade ice cream.  I am so thankful that our whole family still makes the effort to get together every July.  It has worked out so well with Aunt Susan Jo and her clan in North Carolina and me always working the traditional family holidays, we just claim this and call it good.  
This is not everybody, but pretty close which for our non-picture taking family is pretty good.  If you look closely you can see Meme and Uncle Mark behind Daddy and I and JD sitting over my shoulder. 

I hope your 4th was great!  If it wasn't let me know and you can come to the lake next year, my family loves to share the 4th of July love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the 4th of July too...may be my second favorite holiday. I never would have predicted it based on last year, but Ethan decided to jump off the boat and waterfall at the pool this year too (over and over again...he never got worn out!) This was our first year at the lake for the 4th, and it was so fun!