Since I am not afraid to tell you when I am a terrible Mom, I am going to go ahead and brag. When I let Avery go to North Carolina I was a really good mom! For us, it was SO hard. I didn't really think about it when my Aunt asked if Avery could go home with her this summer, way back last fall. I thought I send him on Wednesday, go for the weekend and then bring him home. But, there was supposed to be a family event that weekend and we had to book my ticket to go get him for Tuesday. So my baby was half way across the country for almost a week!
Let me tell you he had the time of his life! My Aunt, Uncle and cousins are amazing. Avery got to go to the beach, pretend to camp (thank goodness it was too hot for a tent, I so don't want to have to replicate that), sit in the captain's chair on the air plane coming and going, have breakfasts that looked like butterflies, and who knows what else. I can tell he felt so grown up and confident.
Avery "killin those waves mamma"
I am assuming that these two, my cousins Steven and JD, are responsible for the new phrase "killin those waves."
So, when you are tempted to say no I can't let my baby go, just do it. You will miss them so very much, but they will love it. Remember, those days where you feel like a super mom are when you put them first. :)
Thankfully, Aunt Susan Jo sent tons of pictures to keep me informed and confident that I was making the right decision. And even more importantly, thankfully I have a WONDERFUL family who want to be with my kids and will spend a whole week making them feel like so stinkin' loved!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
What fun!! Good job Mama!!
Post a Comment