IT'S NOT TIME FOR CHRISTMAS YET PEOPLE!!!
I mean seriously, 2 weeks ago I was in Academy shopping for the 3 day and they had the Christmas carols blaring.
I have looked far and wide for Thanksgiving PJ's and shirt for the little prince. I finally ordered a shirt on-line and gave up on the PJs. Apparently you are only thankful if you are less than 1 year old boy, not any bigger than that.
Last night there was a Christmas special on NBC and ABC family was showing Christmas movies counting down to their 25 days of Chrismas movies.
I mean seriously, 2 weeks ago I was in Academy shopping for the 3 day and they had the Christmas carols blaring.
I have looked far and wide for Thanksgiving PJ's and shirt for the little prince. I finally ordered a shirt on-line and gave up on the PJs. Apparently you are only thankful if you are less than 1 year old boy, not any bigger than that.
Last night there was a Christmas special on NBC and ABC family was showing Christmas movies counting down to their 25 days of Chrismas movies.
IT IS TIME TO BE THANKFUL.....THANKSGIVING!!!!
Don't get me wrong I LOVE Christmas and I will begin belting out the carols and decorating the day after Thanksgiving, but NOT before. It is too early for Christmas music, decorations, etc. I HATE that we are so excited about all the gimme gimme holidays like Halloween, gimme candy, and Christmas, gimme presents. By the way I know that Christmas is not about presents, but do we all know it and remember that???
So, put out a Thanksgiving decoration. Draw a turkey with your favorite fat little hand and be THANKFUL. Please!
Thankfully, Sincerely,
Abbe Jo

6 comments:
I love Thanksgiving because people actually focus on each other! Thanksgiving is harder to commercialize. It is my dad's favorite holiday. I don't think it should be bypassed... But, I don't mind Christmas decorations early because I love them and want to enjoy them for as long as possible!
amen sister! and way to go crafty mom on the handprint turkey!
don't hate me, but i'm one of those people that's ready for some christmas lovin. i like to be thankful for christmas! don't worry, my hubby doesn't allow me to put up christmas decos until after tgiving!
Abbe... Thank you! I get so aggravated that Thanksgiving is such a forgotten holiday. You are right, the society goes from Halloween to Christmas. I appreciate what you said. Thank you!
Amen! I actually saw that Nordstrom had a sign up that said they weren't "decking their halls" until the day after Thanksgiving because they believe in "celebrating one holiday at a time." I was surprised to see that, but pleased.
I am thankful that you were brave enough to post your thoughts! I totally agree!! I want to enjoy Thanksgiving first and then get into the advent season of anticipating the gift of Christmas. I enjoy them both for different reasons, but want to take full advantage of the blessings of both. Hope you have a wonderful time of thanks!
Post a Comment