If you happened to run into my favorite 4 year old boy anytime in late May or June you were greeted with something like, "hi my name's Avery, I'm 4. I have t-ball _____(fill in next game or practice day), it's for real. Do you want to come watch me?"
He L-O-V-E-D every single minute.
Here are 10 of my favorite things about t-ball.
1-Daddy coached.
Daddy didn't
really want to coach he wanted to assist, you know Michael he's not a
front and center kind of guy. Plus we had 3 week old when the season
started and he's still "building a business." :) that one never gets
old. But Michael did it, because Avery LOVES t-ball, and I LOVED watching them together. Michael was a great encouraging, fun loving, patient coach!
2-The home runs!
This was YMCA t-ball. Everybody got to bat every time and get on base. And the last batter go to run all the way around, so when Avery got to bat last he hit a HOME RUN!
3-The high 5 line.
I love little people all lined up to be good sports. I think it totally stinks that the high 5 line goes away when you get older. Such a great thing!
4-The cheering section!
I love that every player had sweet friends and family to cheer them on at each game. The kids loved all the encouragement.
5-The t-ball herd slide!!
I love that every little boy on our team would run up then drop and slide the last foot to get the ball. Avery wore a hole in his pants by 2 weeks into the season. So hilarious to watch them all go for the ball!
6-Time with Hank.
This kid is funny! When you get him alone you learn this. We bonded walking to and from the elementary school and watching Daddy and Avery.
7-He LOVED it!
I know I've said it many times, but he LOVED it. Every single minute. He was always watching and ready. He even served as the bat boy for his fellow players. He LOVED it!!
8-The fans!
Honey and Granny
Grandma and Grandad
Meme, Papa and LouLou
Pop
9-The signs!
Aunt Linde and Uncle Jeff were SUPER fans! They sweated their brains out at almost all of the games. True love, trust me if you saw one you saw them all. But not only did they come and cheer, play with Hank and bring donuts and snacks, they brought a SIGN! Avery was so very proud, you have no idea!
Katie and David made signs, too, but I forgot to take pictures of them.

1 comment:
That looks soooo fun! Glad Avery enjoys it!
Post a Comment