Monday, June 20, 2011

What Doin?

I love when Avery walks up and says "What doin Mamma?"  He says it less and less often these days as he gets older and has better grammar, but it is one of those little boy phrases I will miss. 
I know I haven't blogged lately, so here's what we've been doin!
We've been splashin!
We kicked off summer with a splash day with friends from church!  It was so easy and so fun.
 I put out a few snacks, a sign and the fabulous outside water toys they boys collected for their birthdays. 



We've been lakin!

We celebrated Memorial Day at the LAKE!















We've been hangin!
We have had so much fun in our backyard just hanging out!  We love summertime playing and fun! 
I've been readin
I have also read several good books, check it out on my book blog or be my friend on goodreads!
I've been watchin
I have wasted what feels like years of my life watching the crappiest bachelor/bachelorette ever.  I can barely stand to have it on, I have to just barely watch it.  I can't imagine how bad it is for her to know what Bentley really said. 
I have been thrilled to spend time watching So You Think You Can Dance, love that show so glad it's back!
I've been eatin
I have had too many baked cheetos and not enough grilled veggies.
I have had lots of yummy fresh fruit! 
I have had too many Diet Dr Peppers and not enough H2O.
I've been observin
I have had big fun watching my Hanky Panky learn to WALK! 
I have had big fun watching Avery boy learn to swim (however, I am not sure any actual learning is taking place.)
I've been sick
I have summer-itis.  I always wish I was a stay at home mom in the summer, there are too many fun things to do to waste time at work. 
I have lake trip-itis.  Our annual trip to the lake with some church friends sans kids is days away, I am giddy!
I have North Carolina-itis.  Avery leaves for almost a week in North Carolina just after the 4th of July.  He will have so much fun, but we will miss him so much.  I get to go for a night to escort the little prince back to reality.  It will be a sad, sad flight. 
I have beach house-itis.  We get to go to some friends' beach house the end of July.  I am so excited to relax with new friends & old for a few days (again sans kids, does that make me a bad mom?)
I have Florida-itis.  We are driving to Florida in August.  It is going to be so much fun.  I can't wait for our first family beach trip with our favorite travel buddies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss those things they stop saying too. I know I have to correct Ethan on the right way to say things, but I hate when he catches on! (And I saw Hank showing off his new walking skills in the nursery on Sunday! Go Hank!)