I can't believe this day is here. My little prince had his first, first day of school today.
You know I love a list, so here is a list of things I loved about the first day of school.
First (or 1)-I love that when Michael asked Avery what he go to do today as soon as he woke up he 2. I love the super cute way our boy marched out the door with his backpack and lunch box.
3. I love the way even though I was little nervous and edgy Avery was nothing but thrilled to get going and head out the door.
4. I love the way Avery made it easy to leave him. By the time I could grab my camera he was already playing and having fun in his new classroom.
5. That at the parents orientation meeting Avery's preschool director told us how she, the teachers, and the preschool board of directors have been praying for our children since before they knew who was enrolled this year.
6. I love that I held it together until I got in my car and heard the obnoxious kids' song CD, then I started crying (soooo didn't know I would be that mom.)
7. I loved the special time I got to have with my littler prince.
8. I love that Michael is now his own boss. While I love to give him grief about "building a business" I am so thankful that means he can now leave work to go to preschool meet the teacher, the first day of preschool, and to take out a little bit sad mamma and baby brother to lunch while big brother is at his first day of preschool. (I am also thankful for Michael's 2 understanding business partners.)
9. That Avery got a good report from his teachers, even if he was part of the no need to lay down on the nap mat crew.
10. The sweet way Avery chattered all about school all the way HOME!


5 comments:
What a great experience for everyone.
LouLou
Oh yay!! What a big boy Avery is! He's going to LOVE school and you'll love your time with your littler prince like you did today! It's good for everyone :)
Avery is so cute! And so is his backpack...love it! I'm so glad his first day went so well for him and you. I'm sure I'll cry on Ethan's first day too!
Oh Yes...you are "that" mom along with me!
I'm glad he loved it!
hello cutie! LOVE the backpack/lunchbox combo on that sweet guy's back!
Post a Comment