I thought I would share it with you since you know I love my Internet recipes...
Paula Deen's Chicken Fried Rice
Here's what you need
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into pieces
1/2 c soy sauce, divided
2 tbsp sesame oil, divided (I used canola once and it was still good)
2 large eggs beaten
1 1/2 c chopped celery
1 c chopped onion
3 cloves garlic minced
2 c broccoli florets
1 8 oz package sliced baby bella mushrooms (not pictured, i forgot them and had already been to the store twice)
6 c cooked and cooled rice
1 8oz can sliced water chestnuts
1 c frozen green peas, thawed
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
garnish-sesame seeds, chopped green onions
Notes-In the magazine it told why it is important and I can't remember, but cook your rice while the kids are napping and put it in the fridge to cool. You want the rice cooled when you make the recipe. Also, we do not eat all of these veggies but I put them all in (when I don't forget to buy them) and I think we all eat more things we normally wouldn't. They blend in and pretty hidden!! Also, I don't put in the red pepper so it won't be too hot for the little prince and I am definitely not fancy enough for garnish. We also always add more soy sauce to our bowls when we eat it, but we LOVE soy sauce so there may be plenty for you.
Directions-
In a medium bowl combine chicken and 3 tbsp soy sauce; let stand while preparing(chopping) other ingredients.
Remove chicken from soy sauce, discarding soy sauce.
In a large dutch oven heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally for about 6 minutes or until cooked through.
Remove chicken with slotted spoon; set aside and keep warm.
Add eggs and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly until scrambled. Remove from pan and keep warm.
Heat remaining 1 tbsp of oil.
Add carrot, celery, onion, garlic and 2 tbsp soy sauce; cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add broccoli and mushrooms, and cook 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in rice, water chestnuts, peas, red pepper, cooked chicken and any accumulated juices, scrambled eggs and remaining 3 tbsp soy sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions if desired and serve immediately.
We also think it reheats well and goes great with crab legs. :)
Have a great day!
Don't forget about the giveaway!!!

1 comment:
This looks delicious!!
Post a Comment