Can you believe this little precious got wait-listed???? Me neither!
I just have to take a moment to wonder when pre-school became the place to be. I thought I was being a good momma, I did my research found out about 2 good schools in our neighborhood and decided to apply to both. My criteria were not stringent, I wanted a Christian school a few basic requirements...nothing much. I weeded out several that were too expensive or too far. Then I made my appointment, went on the tours and thought great, 2 good choices.
Well.... Little did I know apparently we needed to get to school #1, actually my second choice, at 9pm the NIGHT BEFORE registration to be first in line. To sign-up for PRESCHOOL give me a BREAK he is 1 almost 2 years old, are you KIDDING ME!!!!!
So, we already know we are probably dead last on that waiting list since Michael sauntered up with our application at 7:45am the day of registration that started at 7, the apparent hundreds in line had already turned their forms in at 7 and left.
School number 2, my first choice, registered yesterday. Poor Michael got there at 6:30, for a 9am start and was 13 in line, the 12 in front of him filled him in about the craziness at the other school and that person number 1 arrived a 4am. Now we have our fingers crossed that 13th in line sitting in the cold and rain for 2.5 hrs will at least get us higher on the wait list at this school, and hopefully not Michael's 3rd round of pneumonia for this winter. At this rate Avery might get in by pre-K... Good grief!


4 comments:
Holy moly! We have been "discussing" preschool, but I guess we should do more than that pretty soon!
That is crazy!!
There are pre-schools like that here too! I am so thankful ours went to a "lottery" instead of parents camping out!
Hey, Abbe,
I run a preschool that always fills up pretty quickly, but we can still usually fit everyone in in the end. I wouldn't worry about it too much! Also, the Lord will open up a spot just where your little guy needs to be. Love "catching up" with your life through your blog!
Love,
Emily McKillip
Post a Comment