Lot's of people have been asking us what Avery thinks about getting a baby brother or sister and all that jazz... and if he "gets it?" I am going to vote, no. I think he definitely gets that something us up since we have practically rearranged the whole house. He also knows that daddy has been working hard in the baby's room, but there is a lot of confusion about who's room it is. Since Daddy is in there working he calls it dadddy's room even with reminding it is the baby's room.
No clue....
Preparations are coming along! We are FINALLY rid of the UGLY green paneling that I have hated since we bought the house 6 years ago. After a long 3 days, some foot stomping and general cattiness by me the crazy painter who said he could cover the paneling did finally cover it. Then Michael painted the base coat and trim to Linde's specifications and Linde gets started on the room TODAY!
I can't wait to see what all she does, I love how we close the door to a clean slate and open to a completed, amazing nursery!!!
I have been very stressed and feeling not ready for the baby, I think that is because we started talking about getting the room ready in November, but then everytime we had a weekend planned to work on the nursery something major would happen like, pneumonia, no power for 3 days due to 12" snow storm, or Avery's very first stomach bug....
So, I am breathing easier now that we are done with our part of the room. I have great lists of things we can pick up at Target and Babies R Us, an adorable boy and girl coming home outfit headed my way and a precious Big Brother t-shirt and jammies all ready for the prince!
Good thing I am finally getting my act together, tonight is the night Avery was born. So, I am NOT eating Freebirds, I did NOT work today and I do NOT plan on flying to the hospital in a full scale panic at 9:45 tonight.... I hope this baby cooperates with me!

3 comments:
I am going home right now to pack my suitcase.
Mamma
oh man, i can't wait to see the adorable nursery and find out boy or girl! so excited for you.
how come i've never noticed how neat that window is?! love it. and i feel certain i will love the finished nursery and the baby that lives in it lots!
Post a Comment