I have always loved the first day of school. It was a big deal at our house growing up. My Mom was not always a big picture taker, but we ALWAYS took our picture outside in the front yard on the first day of school. Even in high school she made Linde and I take each other's pictures because she was already gone teaching school. If I wasn't a nurse I think I would be a teacher so this is still kind of a special day to me. I said a special prayer for all my friends who started school as a teacher or student today. I hope it went well!
This is my best 5 year old friend Katie all ready for her first day of Kindergarten, I LOVE that she is so excited. Her face sums up how I remember feeling.
Thanks for all you teachers do to make my little friends like Katie have great days at school! I don't know how you do it, but I am so glad that you do.
5 comments:
sometimes i'm not sure how we do it! mckays had some type of electrical fire. but it really was a box of kindling to begin with. luckily there's another one over by mcmurry.
so sweet!
Aw! Look at Katie! Sarah always has her looking so cute, but she could have worn a garbage bag and won a beauty contest with a smile like that!
Love it! I am still mad at Sarah for sending me the video slideshow of all the 1st day photos of Katie with the mother's prayer song. That was just horrible - I was bawling like a baby!
Emma Leigh seems to be having a great week as well. Such excitement on that first day though. Nothing like it!
The first day is so much fun. I wonder if the reason I only took first day of school pictures could be because of the intense criticism I take over my picture taking abilities?
Love ya!
Post a Comment